Friday 4 February 2011

Webpage Progress

Today I chose to complete the webpage as much as I can, but I still need to upload the video to the page, so have not published it yet. Here is a picture of the progress I have made so far:


I am very pleased with the progress I have made, all that I need to do to this now, is insert some text relevant to the band, a few more photos to flick through, and the actual music video, once this is done the website will be complete.


I first started this page with this basic template:
As you can see, comparing this to the webpage I have created, you can see I changed the fonts, so the band name, has a retro feel to it, as much of MGMT's  music and artwork is styled like. I thought this would be good as it creates a kind of recognisable feature, that can be related with the band. I then changed the other fonts, to a slightly softer rounder style, as I thought this suited the page and band more. I moved a lot of the gadgets on the page, and got rid of some, as they weren't what I wanted to include, however most of them, were just in the wrong place, so I moved them to where I wanted them. I then uploaded some of the photos I took at the photo shoot, to get an idea of how they look, and will add more soon. Finally, I changed the image in the background to this picture made on adobe:


There were a few other backgrounds that I was choosing between, as the colour changed slightly when I uploaded it, and I wasn't sure of the texture. But after swapping it several times, I liked this background the most, as although it was vibrant, as it was the background, and behind a light layer, it didn't look to intense, and the texture added a new dynamic to the website, making it more aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment