Tuesday 8 February 2011

Audience Feedback on Digipak

Today, I showed a group of  7 peers the digipak I have created, to see what they thought of it. I showed it to them, after they had seen the video, so I could find out if they thought it seemed appropriate and related to the song and video. The response I got to it, was mostly positive, which I was happy with, there were only a few features that one person really didn't like, however, I have to allow for individual differences and preferences. The two favourite images were the button on the inside. and the picture of the singer also on the inside. They liked the foreground not being of the band, but showing they were there, and thought it matched the feel of the band. The back image was also very popular, but not really for any specific reason, they just seemed to like how it looked. The front cover however, caused some controversy. One person thought it was too empty, and could have more on it. I can see where they are coming from, but I wanted my front image to be quite striking, and I think the bright letters on the front give the impression, and attract attention, I believe in this case, less is more, but I am appreciative of their comments. Also the other comment was that, I feature crayons throughout my music video, but nowhere on the digipak, which was a fair point. I hadn't thought to put them on it, and it is a good idea, but from analysis of other digipaks, there isn't always a link between the video, they can often not feature anything that was in it, so I was unsure of what to make of that comment.
Some other comments, that I have now acted on, were that the colour of the track names on the back didn't look quite right. I was unsure about it too, so the audience feedback helped a lot, as I changed it to black, and has improved it I think. There was also a comment that I could add some information about the band, like who plays what instruments, which is a common feature on digipaks. I agreed with this comment, and added a small amount of information, and now think it is complete. The finished digipak can be seen in the blog post above.

No comments:

Post a Comment