Friday 11 February 2011

Completed Music Video!

Today I finished the video! So I'm very happy that it is all done now, and that I altered the end result after some feedback I got when I first completed it. Yesterday I had completed it for the first time, but very few others had seen it, at least in full, so I got a group of people that hadn't seen any of it, to give me some feedback, and help me decide what looked good or bad, or needed altering. The feedback was very helpful, I got a really good response, and the comments I got were all very constructive, and helped me come up with the finished product here.
The positive comments I  got, were that they liked the cutting on the beat, and crayons changing colours, the way the crayons and buttons made a flower shape, and at the end spelled the name of the song and band out. I especially like that comment, as it was part of Goodwin's six, to make the band clear in the video, so although I only had a short amount of footage of the singer, the clips at the end worked to make sure they were aware. They also liked the time lapse sky shots I included, that change colours, the brightness and colourfulness of the video was also a common part people liked, as well as the use of children's TV clips and the graphic match from the singers face to buttons and a crayon. I was really pleased with all the positive feedback, especially as it was the first completion, so, there wasn't too much to change.
The criticisms that were made about the video, were that I should use a specific "indent" effect more on the crayon images, as it was the most liked effect. However, a big part of my feedback, was that I should use more effects on the crayons, to stop them becoming a bit monotonous, this really helped my video  I think, so I'm happy with the new dimension it gave to the stop motion. There was also a mention of some of the movement not being quite on the beat, which was due to the slight changes i'd made throughout, which added up, but I managed to fix them, so this was fixed. Those were really the only parts that the audience felt needed changing or altering, so I am very happy there were so few, and that I agreed and could change them easily.
This is the video, however there is around 4 minutes of black screen at the end, as I exported it before cutting the track where parts had been moved, lengthening it, I will cut it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment