Sunday 30 January 2011

General Update

I have been working very hard to complete my music video, and it is now almost complete. I found out, that I am allowed to use some footage, that I didn't film, i.e. the children's TV programmes, but only 5% of my video. This is not a problem for me, as this allows me around 20 seconds of footage that I didn't create, and many of the clips I used are around eleventh's or twelfth's of a second, so am keeping below the limit. I also looked on the BBC's website about their policy for reusing footage, as that is where the show clips I gathered were aired on (I had intended to email them asking if it was okay for me to use them, but there was no such facility for my question). But I found that their policy for COMMERCIAL use of their video's is that as long as it has already been made commercially available, they do not mind it being used, so, as my video is not commercial use, as I don't intend to make any money from it, or use it for any other purpose than my coursework, I think that, as long as the clips I am using have already been shown and are available (which they are) then it is all right for me to use them.


But, overall the editing has been going really well, I only have around 20 seconds left that needs putting in, and then it is completed. I could have finished it sooner, but I felt I should take longer over it the first time I complete it, rather than finish quicker, and have to make changes afterwards, I also want to be completely happy with my end result, so have been testing different shots at different parts of the song to see how it fits, I didn't want to settle with what I had, if it didn't feel right. I am very happy with how it's progressing (although after hearing the song about 1000 times it's losing it's appeal!)


Also, today I managed to get the photo shoot I had been hoping for, for a few weeks. I was only able to do it today, as although the weather conditions were fairly windy to say the least, it was dry, and bright enough, to get some good pictures. Most of them will appear on the website, as I only wanted one picture of my singer in the digipak, as I explained in my design ideas. My friend Barny Mannox, helped me with the pictures, he is 17 and an amateur photographer. I wanted him to help me, as I thought his skill as a photographer would help me get certain shots, as well as him teaching me how to use his Digital Single Lens Reflex camera (DSLR) so I could take some of the pictures myself. The shoot went well, the photos were in a play-park, to continue the theme of 'Kids', and I think will look very effective.


I hope to complete the digipak and web-page very soon, I just need to sort through the pictures, to find which I wish to use, and that should be all, I will post again soon, showing my progress with the digipak and web page. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment