Tuesday 4 January 2011

Filming Completed!

Yesterday all the filming needed for my music video was completed! I went to the play park that I wanted to use for my video, and filmed all of my Point-of-View shots that I will use at the beginning of the video, and anywhere else I deem necessary. It was fairly cold, but this was to my advantage as it meant the park was empty, so I could use it when I intended to, rather than being delayed. Also, as it was cold, the sky was quite white, so the lighting was gerat for filming, and not too dark. I used the camera free hand, without a tripod, as it is supposed to be a POV shot, so I wanted the shots to be shaky and not exact. I also filmed the footage I wanted a few times, to give my self a selection of shots I can pick from, as well as some shots being slightly different, to see which variation looks best. I will only be using short clips from the footage I took, about 4-5 seconds at a time, possibly less, but no more. I also decided, as I had some time left on the tape, and the sky and cloud formations looked quite interesting, that I would film them for a short while, so I could use some time lapse footage, if I wanted to, as I was going to in my original idea, until I decided to remove that part from the song, as it was 60 seconds of an instrumental break, and would make the total time of the song over 5 minutes. I got a total of 25-30 minutes of the sky, it was moving fairly quickly, so once sped up, will only be a few seconds or so, but that was all I had wanted, so if I feel I need to add something different to my video, I can use it.


These are the locations shots I took before I began filming:





Whilst filming, I came up with another idea that I can use in my video, should I not have enough footage, which has been a concern of mine, which I have stated in past posts, hence me filming extra footage whenever I film. The idea I had was to get some clips of children's TV shows, and possibly distort the colours and shape, and edit them in, in a subliminal message style, so have them flashing up, at certain points in the song, like the bridge, or the chorus, I will also use a TV static clip or shot, in between, to enhance the subliminal idea, and make the audience more aware of it. This idea wasn't in my plan, or storyboard, so I have not accounted for using it, but I will gather the clips I want, and see how they look once edited, or if I will need them at all in the video.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of intercutting with clips from a kids show. Give it a go and see if it works

    ReplyDelete