Friday 31 December 2010

Filming Update - Completion of Stop Motion Filming

I have finished filming all of the stop motion footage, that I intend to include in my video. Whilst filming I also took the liberty of creating some extra shots, should I not have enough. Also, my main ideas have been fairly complex, and as I was filming, I thought of another way of using my stop motion, without the actual filming being more complex. I created a few shots using my crayons, appearing in a circle shape, with others on the outside the opposite way, which I intend to edit, in a music equaliser way, with the number of crayons going up and down, in correspondence with the music and beat, which I think will be simple, but effective. Also whilst filming, I looked over the footage with my actor in it, and think when editing that I may adjust the colour saturation to give it more colour, and a different texture, however I will need to see how it looks, as it may not be quite right for the video.
But, the main point of this post was to highlight that all the stop motion footage has been successfully completed, and now the only pieces of footage I need are my playground sections, which will be filmed in the next few days.
Here are a couple of pictures I took of my set up whilst filming:





I also intend to work on my ancillary text ideas over the next few days, so will upload those, and an update about them, when they are suitable completed.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Steph!
    How many hours do you think you spent getting all the stop-motion footage?
    Can't wait to see the results - well done keeping us updated on your shooting - great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and about 8-10 probably, was spread out over a couple of days. And yes, hopefully will be good.

    ReplyDelete