Wednesday 22 December 2010

Filming Update 2

Well today was my second day of filming the stop motion section, which went fairly successfully, although, I did not manage to complete all of the stop motion today as I had intended. This was simply because, as I was filming, I added certain extra shots, that I can add or take away as appropriate, to make sure I have plenty of footage. Also, the lighting I was using, is slightly influenced by the outside light, as I wanted the whole thing to look quite bright, so if I used all artificial lighting, a slightly off white tone would be produced. I have found I can slightly recreate the lighting, as I have a daylight lamp, however it is not that bright or large, so I can only slightly lengthen my filming time when using it, or I will be able to use it, if daylight from outside isn't bright enough. I could not incorporate this today, as I had to practise with the light, to check that it looked okay, rather than carrying on filming, with the wrong lighting. I am aware though, that some minor light changes can be made on Final Cut, like adjusting the auto levels, contrast or brightness. I am not relying to heavily on these effects, as if they are used too much, it is often too obvious, and the lighting cannot be made accurate enough with them.
I plan to continue filming on the 24th of Dec at which point I am certain all the stop motion footage will be completed, as I have now done the majority of it, and can extend my filming, if necessary with the daylight lamp I now have. Also if I finish the stop motion filming early, I may take some practice shots, and possibly actual shots, of the playground I am using in my video. However, if I don't have time for that, I will be filming my park scenes from the dates 27th Dec to 1st Jan to allow for extra filming to be done, and change in weather conditions, and also I think on these dates, the park will be not that busy, which is what I need.
I will post again after my next day of shooting, a summary of the days events.

No comments:

Post a Comment