Wednesday 8 December 2010

Self Evaluation - Planning and Post Production

To assess how well I am currently working, I have reviewed my blog so far, and marked what I have done, making notes of other tasks I need to do, and how to improve, in order for my work to be of level 4 standard.

I think I have researched similar products and potential audiences proficiently, but I do not think it is of excellent standard yet, as I have only researched one ancillary text in 2 formats, and have only done one questionnaire, so I need to carry out different questionnaires in future, to improve this. I think this is similar to my organisation of actors, locations, costumes or props as I have made some main decisions about actors, locations and props, however I need to improve this by making a record of the planning and progress I have made with this.

I feel my time management has been almost excellent, as I have completed all the tasks necessary at this point, but I need to continue to plan to complete my ancillary tasks etc. To allow me to reach level 4. I think I have been careful when presenting my planning and research, in trying to ensure it is neat, clear, easy to understand and easy to use. I think my use of digital technology or ICT has been essentially excellent as I have used many hyper links in my blog posts, embedded videos, uploaded pictures and uploaded videos when I was unable to embed them. I have also been able to link certain words to relevant articles,  to allow people to quickly access certain sites when more information is wanted or useful. I also think I have worded my posts with clarity, to make my ideas easy to understand by others, and successfully show readers the progress of my planning and music video.

The level I would give myself for each criteria are as follows:
- Research into similar products and a potential target audience - Mid Level 3
- Organisation of actors, locations, costumes or props - Low Level 3
- Work on shot lists, layouts, drafting and storyboarding - Low Level 4
- Time management - Mid Level 4
- The level of care in the presentation of the research and planning - Low Level 4
- Skill in the use of digital technology or ICT in the presentation - Mid Level 4
- Communication skills - Low Level 4

I would put my work at a mid to high level 3, around 14-15 marks. I have not given myself full marks as there are some features in level 4 that I feel I have achieved, but not to as fully as I could have done , so a level 4 grade would be inaccurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment