Tuesday 25 January 2011

Music Video Editing So Far

About a fortnight ago I uploaded all my footage onto the Macs, and have been editing it on Final Cut Express since. I have made a fair amount of progress, and about 1.30 to 2 minutes is edited, however I have been editing the song in small chunks, not in order, to get the more complex parts completed, such as lip syncing. However at the beginning of the editing process, I was unable to do a lot of work, as I had shortened the 5 minute version of 'Kids' to around 4 minutes, )as it would have been far too lengthy) - on and older version of iMovie (for ease), but it would not transfer to Final Cut. So without the actual track on Final Cut, I was fairly limited to what I could do. I had sought help to solve my problem, but after over a week, I still hadn't been contacted with a solution. As I couldn't waste any more valuable editing time, I tried to find a shorter version of the song that I could buy, and found a radio edit that was 3 minutes 50 - a perfect length. The song has now been successfully uploaded, and my editing has gone smoothly from there, I have had to alter the lighting in some shots, for continuity and clarity, but apart from that, the editing has been straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment