Thursday 27 January 2011

Editing Continued...

Today I continued editing my music video (hence the title) and have around 2 and a half minutes completed now. Today was the first time I tried inter-cutting clips of children's TV shows, to break up the stop motion, and it seems to be a very effective technique. The variation prevents the stop-motion from becoming too monotonous, and gives the video a bit more depth. I hope to use this technique throughout my video (only where appropriate), but I have found cutting the clip to the perfect length, but still including the action I want, is a little difficult, and requires a lot of precision and time, but I think the end result will make it worth it (it's also quite fun watching old clips of Sesame Street!)
As I have been editing the video in different sections, there are some gaps between the parts I have done, which I find is helpful to work out exactly where I'm lacking footage, and what needs to be done, but I hope to fill in a few of these soon, so I can put a few clips on here to give an idea of the progress I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment