Friday 26 November 2010

My Final Idea

After thinking about the 3 ideas I gave myself to choose from, I chose 'Kids' by MGMT to make my music promo for and my two other ancillary texts. I picked that song as it is quite upbeat and catchy, so will work well with the fairly unique idea I came up with for the video. This is another reason I chose that idea, as it is quite creative and distinctive, making it possibly more interesting than the other two ideas, as it isn't as basic. I also like this concept, being a combination of animation, with some performance, and time lapse footage, creating quite an interesting mix. As well as this, the video is party influenced by the director Michel Gondry, due to the playful feel in certain parts of the video, like the bright colours I intend to use, the use of children's toys, and the incorporation of stop-motion, that Gondry's style is familiar with, as I demonstrated in the White Stripes video analysis. My idea for the song, is also very different to the song's official video, so it will be interesting to make a video with a different interpretation of the song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cAQlDf9Vs0 - The official video Kids by MGMT

No comments:

Post a Comment